Updated FAQs were released by the Industrial Commission of Arizona on May 23rd, evolving our understanding of how to implement key aspects of the Fair Wages and Healthy Families Act (or “Prop. 206”). The paid sick leave component of the Act goes into effect on July 1st, but Arizona employers need to prepare well in advance for the numerous changes required for all employers.
During the webinar, we will:
- Review the requirements under the Act, particularly focusing on the paid sick leave (PSL) requirements
- Discuss the application of the updated guidance provided by the Industrial Commission of Arizona
- Go into depth regarding the calculation of wages when paying an employee under the PSL aspect of the Act
- Specifically discuss how organizations (from small- to large-employers) are implementing the Act including whether companies are staying with existing PTO policies, how organizations are handling carry-over and the relaxed documentation and notification requirements, and so on
- Discuss the various ancillary rules and guidelines outlined in the Act such as:
- The impact of an employee introductory period
- How employers can continue to annually pay-out an employee’s PSL
- The new itemizations required on Arizona employees’ pay stubs
- The new posting requirement
- The new document retention guidelines for payroll records
- Managing attendance concerns with an employee who used time granted under the Act, and more
This live webinar is ideal for HR professionals, supervisors with responsibilities for overseeing employees’ time cards, and mid-level managers.
Note: This webinar is entirely computer-based and is also mobile-optimized; there’s no need for a dial-in number.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.